[guppi-list] New Guppi Snapshot

I've made a new Guppi development snapshot, based on the CVS version
as of 9:00pm CDT on Dec 2, 2000.

ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/guppi/snapshots/Guppi-2000-12-02.tar.gz

There is a lot of new stuff in this snapshot, but relatively little
of it is visible in the Guppi app.  There is, however, a snazzy new
little demo available under the Plot menu --- try it out!

This Guppi snapshot should be suitable for use with Gnumeric.  You'll
need to build your own Gnumeric --- the packaged versions don't have
built-in Bonobo support.  However, it *does* work.  I've seen it
with my own eyes, and it is pretty damn cool.

This version of Guppi takes about 20 minutes to compile on my laptop
(700mhz PIII, 192mb RAM) when it is unloaded (no X, no mp3 player, no
mozilla, etc.).  YMMV.

Before compiling, the untarred Guppi source directory consumes 8.8mb.
After compiling, the Guppi directory (on my machine) grows to over
200mb.  Start making room on your hard drive now.

As usual, any reports of success or failure in building/using Guppi
are appreciated.  Reports concerning non-x86/non-Debian/non-Helix
situations are of particular interest.

Enjoy,

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.