Re: [guppi-list] Re: help me test Guppi

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Teemu Ikonen wrote:

> When executing, I get to the splash screen and then it segfaults.
>
> I used the gnome libraries from debian unstable, gnome-print and goose
> were compiled fresh from the CVS.

OK, I just built on Debian unstable too. Something is broken in Debian. On
my system, it creates a funky executable .libs/lt-guppi, which I assume is
libtool's fault; but the libtool-doc package doesn't appear to exist right
now so I don't know what's up with this. If you fire it up in gdb, gdb has
some mysterious error message about "Linux thread target has modified
signal 0 handling" and then segfaults (I mean gdb segfaults, not Guppi).

I don't think I'm using Linux threads, and I'm certainly not fooling with
signal 0. As far as I can tell neither are any libraries, unless it's libc
or libstdc++. Goose does use Posix threads, but it's worked in the past.

I have an older (but still partially from unstable) Debian system I've
been developing on, there are no problems there. However, I built my own
Gnome there rather than using the Debian packages.

These are the hazards of using an unstable distribution I guess. :-) I've
cc'd some Debian guys that might have an idea what's wrong.

Thanks,
Havoc