major goose breakage coming soon to CVS

In the next few days, I'm going to start checking in a series of
changes to goose that are fairly sweeping in their scope, and thus
will inevitably cause some breakage.

* In some code, I've been careless in using size_t and unsigned
  interchangeably.  This is causing problems on 64-bit platforms where
  the two are not the same size.  I'm in the process of fixing this,
  basically by removing all of the size_t types (which I find to be an
  annoying type, anyway) that I can and replacing them by unsigned.
  (For example, the size() of a DataSet is going to change from size_t
  to unsigned.)

* To properly accomodate my (yet-implemented) plans for time series,
  I'm changing the DataSet types to allow for arbitrary integer
  indicies, rather than forcing them all to be indexed from 0..(N-1).
  This means that another whole slew of size_ts will get changed to
  ints.

Hopefully the dust will settle on these changes fairly quickly so that
I can release a fairly stable and portable 0.0.11 in a week or so.
Until then, don't be shocked if CVS Goose fails to compile.  And
hopefully any Goose/Guppi compatibility issues can be cleared up
before too long.  (Havoc and I discussed these changes before he left
for RHAD labs and he didn't think that they would have any real
impact on Guppi, but I guess that we won't know for sure until we try
to compile...)

-Jon