Goose Update

(a) I've completed most of the Value-ectomy in the Goose sources.  My
    re-designed DataSet that uses strings as a way to exchange
    "typeless" data has been checked in.  Certain pieces of code
    (namely the CategoricalSet and AsciiImport stuff) has been wrapped
    in #ifdef's to make the compile work.

    I decrufted a lot of the code, and I think that this makes things
    substantially simpler and cleaner.  Take a look and see if you agree.

(b) I haven't done anything to examples/ yet, so that directory will
    rather dramatically fail to compile.

(c) I've added some guile bindings for the RealSet that actually can
    do something.  The version in CVS won't build the guile stuff by
    default... you need to uncomment the guile references in
    configure.in and the top-level Makefile.am to get them to build.

-JT