Re: [guppi-list] Re: Goose Design Problem & a Proposed Solution (long)

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 08:13:44PM +0100, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> <long discussion of design issues deleted>

Well, I guess that the bottom line is this: clearly our extra layer of
code is necessary no matter which approach we use, and clearly there
is a certain amount of complexity inherent in this problem.  My hunch
is that under the scheme I have in mind, we might be able to hide some
more of the complexity.

So I guess what I'll do is this: sometime in the next few days, I'll
finish putting together my scheme and check it in to CVS.  Then we can
all look at it and think about it... and if we haven't gained any
advantages, or if unforseen problems with my ideas turn up, we can
always just back out what I've done and either (a) try again or (b)
accept that what we have now isn't perfect (nothing is), but that is
good enough.

This is one of the nice things about using CVS: the ability to recover
from screw-ups. :-)