Re: Plot idl

> Dean was kind enough to forward this; I've subscribed to gnumeric-list now
> too. Still I think we should keep guppi-list in the CC line since it
> relates to Guppi.

with Emacs RMAIL when replying.  I agree with you, we should keep both
lists on the CC list.

> Guppi uses gmodule to load code for particular kinds of plot, so it will
> have any kind of plot people want to write. 3D should be no problem, other
> than the inherent problem of writing the code. :-) Could also have
> variants on the same sort of plot, i.e. you could probably write a

Ok, I just wanted to make sure 3d plots were a possibility in the guppi
model.

> It has to be possible to add new
> parameters to the format as Guppi develops; also it has to be possible to
> skip over a plot if the plugin for that type isn't available to interpret
> it. So there's some complexity.

I personally need Guppi to be as usable as the Plotting module in
Excel: basically this means that the user should be able to stick
information in the plot (the Canvas would make this very simple, I
guess this is the same case for Gtk--Draw).

I would also require changes to be performed in the plot: for example,
the user might be able to change the proportion of a bar in a  graphic
and the result should be fed back into Gnumeric (When doing this in
Excel, if you change the value for a formula, the Excel Solver is
invoked to modify the cells from which the modified cell depends, very
slick stuff).

Miguel.