Goose numerics licensing update

Well, I just got a replay back from Ross Ihaka of the R team,
concerning moving some R code from GPL to LGPL.  It turns out that
some of their code is based on published algorithms which are licensed
as being "free for non-commercial use".  The R team's position to date
has been that keeping everything GPLed makes it "non-commercial
enough" to keep them out of trouble.  Thus they are concerned that
going to LGPL might further weaken an already potentially dubious
license situation.

However, two of the six functions I've borrowed from them are
essentially unencumbered, and they've agreed to allow me to
redistribute them under the LGPL.

Thus I'm going to have to independently redevelop the remaining four
functions.  I'm hoping to be able to do that this weekend... mainly I
just need to get to library and xerox some journal articles.   Once
this
is done, I'll release a pure LGPL Goose 0.0.3.

-JT