Re: [guppi-list] use of GSL in guppi

On Sun, Sep 13, 1998 at 04:21:06PM +0200, Mark Galassi wrote:
> Amigos, I don't know if anyone on this list has been following GSL
> (GNU Scientific Library).

> What do you all think?

GSL looks great.  I'd been shopping around for existing free software
that implements numerical methods and special functions for Goose (the
stat library that provides that capability to Guppi).  The best I had
found so far was what was in R, but that was GPL rather than LGPL.
Anyway, GSL looks much better.

So my next order of business will be to rip all of my crude attempts
at numerics out of Goose and replace them with calls to GSL.

Thank you Mark Galassi, wherever you are...

-JT