Licensing question

Hi!

I think Guppi is a great project, and consider contributing to the
effort.

I also want to use the statistical part of Guppi in a commercial
application, but have a few questions regarding the licensing
of it.  The problem for me is that it contains code published
in ACM.  They have a requirement of getting permission to use
code from them, which I want to avoid.
I realize that the relevant part of Guppi is LGPL, but this seems
to be a problem in regard to the relevant code, because LGPL is
incompatible with the ACM requirements.

Therefor, I propose to rewrite the relevant distribution functions,
such that the library will be true LGPL.  There might be other
libraries on the net, where we can grab the code.

What do you think about this?

Greets,
Asger Alstrup