Re: can the UPnP media port for gupnp-av-cp be configured?

gupnp-av-cp uses dynamic ports by default.

1) is it possible to configure the gupnp-av-cp dynamic port to a
one-time static assignment (er, 8200)? ...

... and if so, how?

I've poked around online for documentation, done the Google thing, and
grepped through system files ... no joy.

There is no way but we can add one.

2) Whether or not gupnp-av-cp can be so configured, how does a network
admin configure static firewalls on nodes on a local LAN (no router
traversal / IGD) to deal with dynamic ports?

Linux, however ...

... I've been looking at packet traces from UPnP sessions with
minidlna, rygel-as-UPnP renderers, gupnp-av-cp, etc, and I don't see
how conventional iptables port-based firewalls can be compatible with
UPnP dynamic ports.

I think the "traditional" way would be a non-trivial conntrack helper to
parse the SSDP packets.