Re: can the UPnP media port for gupnp-av-cp be configured?

Hi,

On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 11:03 -0400, Jim Snyder wrote:

I think I see why UPnP tends to use dynamic ports - guessing that
multiple servers may be running on any given (multi-user) machine,
correct? so either you multiplex via ports or you multiplex inside the
server/tool/whatever. I had exactly this problem when I accidentally
kicked off a second instance of minidlna on the content server, both
instances running on port 8200 - but I'd still like to be able to set
the ports to a static value for troubleshooting.

As far as I can see the GUPnP API makes it as easy as possible to write
your apps in a way that allow to configure the ports that are used. What
point exactly are you trying to make?

Regards,
Sven