Re: GUPnP Commandline

Hi Rémi,

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 12:55 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:
> On Di, 2012-11-27 at 12:00 +0100, Rémi Guichard wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to use GUPnP for have a Digital Media Controller (i have a
> > Media Renderer and Media Server).
> > And i want control my Controller in a terminal only (search
> > device,files and control tghem) with commandline.
> > Is it possible with GUPnP ? or only Graphic mode ?
>
> I've started a project called "upnp-browse" based on gupnp which is
> available at https://github.com/phako/upnp-browse, but it's rather
> rudimentary. Additionally the dLeyna project (http://01.org/dLeyna)
> should have commandline client available.

dLeyna exposes high level d-Bus APIs that you allow you to do the sorts
of things you mention in your email, i.e., discover, search and browse
DMSs and to discover and manipulate DMRs.  These APIs can be easily
manipulated from a python console session.

There is an example of how to do this in the archives of the dLeyna
mailing list.

http://lists.01.org/pipermail/dleyna/2012-June/000021.html

The example imports a small python script, mediaconsole.py

https://github.com/01org/media-service-upnp/blob/master/test/mediaconsole.py

that wraps the d-Bus calls and pretty prints their output.  A similar
script for controlling Renders, rendererconsole.py,

https://github.com/01org/renderer-service-upnp/blob/master/test/rendererconsole.py

has recently been added.

Please let us know if you have any problems getting these scripts to
work.

The dLeyna components are themselves built on top of GUPnP.

Best Regards,

Mark