Re: GUPnP device description handling

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:
> Can someone enlighten me why the GUPnPRootDevice uses an XML doc _and_ a
> description file, serving the latter to clients?
>
> Why doesn't it server the xmlDoc directly?

I don't know/remember the exact reasons Jorn designed it this way but
the XML doc can't just be served as is but needs to be serialized.
Don't really think thats an issue in home network but could be a big
performance issue in corporate networks (not the main target audience
though) so why not send the original file as is since its available?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124