Download complete/unparsed UPnP device/service description

Hi all,

I am quite new to gupnp and UPnP in general. I found the library after frustration over libupnp.

In contrary to libupnp, gupnp obviously provides a better abstraction to the actual UPnP-stuff which is normally good, bu here is my question:

Is there any possibility to download the complete device/service description file as XML from a UPnP device (I am implementing a UPnP control point).

I found the function to retrieve the location of the XML, but I cannot find any API-functionality to download it.

I tried to download the XML simply via the URL, but I get a error code 102 (connection refused)... therefore I am looking for another way to access the XML (libupnp had one, but I want to stick to libgupnp now).

Thanks in advance // Best regards

Alex

--
Alexander Kirschner M.Sc., Software Architect
Phone: +49.89.45 23 47-54

Bitte beachten: Wir haben uns vergr??ert.

Neue Adresse :

jambit Software Development & Management GmbH
Erika-Mann-Str. 63, 80636 M?nchen
Phone: +49.89.45 23 47-0 Fax: +49.89.45 23 47-70

http://www.jambit.com  where innovation works

Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Peter F. Fellinger, Markus Hartinger
Sitz: M?nchen; Registergericht: M?nchen, HRB 129139