Re: gupnp-dlna development

Hi Lin,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Lin Xiyan <lxy ss pku edu cn> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Zeeshan Ali Khattak
>
>>  BTW, I'm hoping you either already have access to DLNA docs or you
>> know that it costs at least 500$ to get access?
>
> No, I don't have the spec yet.
> Wow, that's a lot of money.  Where can I *buy* the spec?

  If you didn't know this, there is a fairly good chance that you can
live without it. DLNA only makes UPnP AV (which is open spec) very
specific and adds the concept of media profiles to ensure
interoperability between different implementations. Some of our
developers have lived without this spec.

  There is some basic info about device classes and terms on their
website that you still would want to familiarize yourself with.

> I didn't find any link on www.dlna.org to buy it.

  I can't find it either so I guess you'll have to contact them about it.

> Or do I have to apply for membership?

  No you don't (membership fee is 5000$/year IIRC).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124