Re: [gupnp] Re: Stable releases for GNOME 2.32

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Sven Neumann <s neumann raumfeld com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 13:54 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>
>> >   GNOME 2.32 is at our doorsteps and for that we'll need to make
>> > stable releases of Rygel and all GUPnP libraries (including
>> > gupnp-dlna). I'm no Cylon but I do have a plan: We'll be doing this
>> > before this Friday (27.8.2010) followed by release of Rygel on Friday.
>>
>>   Seems other deps on Rygel have not yet made stable releases and
>> they'll only be doing next month so I'm delaying this for another
>> month. Any objections?
>
> Another month is probably too long. As far as I can see the API/ABI
> freeze for 2.32 has been earlier this month

   We can already have the API/ABI freeze. It doesn't need stable releases.

> and hard code freeze is
> approaching in a little more than two weeks.

  That applies to modules that are part of gnome, i-e rygel, not
gupnp. As long as rygel won't need any changes (in code) after that
time, we are good.

> I would suggest that you
> target the GNOME 2.31.92 rc release and that means that tarballs are due
> at Sep 13 (see http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirtyone/).

  Which is after 3 weeks and not so different from a month.

>>   If not, any objections on adding a dep on gio (>= 2.24)? We need
>> that for easy/clean porting of gssdp/gupnp to win32 and (possibly)
>> other platforms.
>
> No objections from my side, we are already using gio 2.24 here.

   Cool!

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)