Re: [gupnp] handling of sequence numbers in gupnp-service-proxy.c

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Sven Neumann <s neumann phase-zero de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 14:27 +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>
>> > As far as I can see this setup is comparable to what GUPnP does. So is
>> > this really a bug in libsoup? I think not. IMO the bug is that
>> > GUPnPService makes a wrong assumption about the libsoup behavior here.
>>
>>    As I said before, the assumption has been confirmed by libsoup
>> developer to be true so i don't see why gupnp is the guilty party
>> here.
>
> I understood that the libsoup developer confirmed this on the basis that
> all messages are sent on the same HTTP connection. Is this a valid
> assumption to be made for GUPnPService notification events ?

   Yes it is since each GUPnPContext and therefore each GUPnPService
is supposed to be bound to only and only one network interface. Good
that you mention this as i noticed a bug in gupnp-context.c: It does
not specify the address/interface when creating the SoupServer and
hence the server created is not bound to a particular interface as it
should be. I'll fix that as part of my multiple network support
adventure when i get back to that.

    I see that in your test-app you didn't specify the address either,
though it shouldn't matter in your case. I actually changed that just
to be sure and your test-app is still able to fail. So I would say
claim that the bug is in libsoup.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)