Re: [gupnp] handling of sequence numbers in gupnp-service-proxy.c

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 17:37 +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

>   The behavior seems to be dictated by UPnP spec: "To repair an event
> subscription, e.g., if a subscriber has missed one or more event
> messages, a subscriber must unsubscribe and re-subscribe. By doing so,
> the subscriber will get a new subscription identifier, a new initial
> event message, and a new event key."  p69 UPnP Device Architecture v1.

This brings up some questions:

If we receive messages out-of-order, does that really mean that we have
missed a message? Isn't it possible that the message order is changed
due to asynchronous code? In the cases where we observed this, the
Service sent out a LastChange event immidiately followed by much simpler
notification event. It looks like the notification event arrived at the
ServiceProxy before the LastChange event.

If the above is not correct, how can it possibly happen that a
notification message does not arrive at the subscriber?

Sven