[gugmasters] Python GTK+ 3 Tutorial

Dear GUGers!

Considering that summer has passed (or is almost here if you live in the southern hemisphere) it's probably time to resume frantic GUG meetings and fish for topics.

I believe not all of you follow planet GNOME and I would like to draw your attention to a new tutorial that Sebastian Pölsterl and a few other people have put together that covers using the latest GTK+ 3 with python.

The full tutorial is available here: http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

and there is enough material to make a 20/30 minutes presentation to your group and entice them to try writing simple applications for GNOME latest version. You could maybe even run a best app competition organized as a 1 day hackfest!

As you might as well be aware of, GNOME 3.2 has been released and at least Fedora 16 and OpenSUSE 12.1 (Beta available for both) will ship with it. Ubuntu 11.10 (beta at the time of this writing) also includes Gnome 3.2 which is available from the repositories (not the install CD).

For other distributions please check directly with them or you can also build GNOME from source (worth a different presentation).

I thought that was worth mentioning.

All the best.

Fred