Re: [gugmasters] getting a domain of srilanaka.gnome.org
- From: Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl>
- To: Danishka Navin <danishka gmail com>
- Cc: fred beijinglug org, Christer Edwards <christer edwards gmail com>, bckurera gmail com, gnome-infrastructure gnome org, Sureshkumar Packiyarajah <sureshp8 gmail com>, gugmasters-list gnome org, marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gugmasters] getting a domain of srilanaka.gnome.org
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:37:01 +0200
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 05:08:20PM +0530, Danishka Navin wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Christer Edwards <
> christer edwards gmail com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Sureshkumar Packiyarajah
> > <sureshp8 gmail com> wrote:
> > > Dear Olav,
> > >
> > > behalf of snavin(our Gnome community member in srilanka) is already using
> > > git so i am totally agreed with Danishka Navin suggestion for the onward
> > > moving step to get srilanka.gnome.org.in order to have Git we can not do
> > > much things so we prefer to have sub domain under Gnome.
> > Do you already have content ready to push to the GNOME servers when
> > this subdomain is configured? (I need to side with Olav in this case
> > and use the lk.gnome.org language based sub-domain.
> > If you do not have content might I suggest using Wordpress hosted on
> > th GNOME servers. You can work on themes via git, but the content
> > itself can be managed via the web interface.
> OK, WP is fine :)
But what are your requirements?
It first starts off with 'events'. Wordpress doesn't do 'events'. It is
going to be wasteful if we spend time setting something up if apparently
everything is fine (plain HTML and Wordpress).
E.g. with a CMS or Wordpress I don't see anyone handling conferences..
maybe some plugin exists, but if we don't know, we (sysadmins) won't
plan for it (or even have time for it).
Please give some thought to what is really needed. We might not be able
to provide it, but at least we'll know up front.
] [Thread Prev