Re: [gugmasters] Oportunity for GNOME event in Chile, 2008

Em Qui, 2007-11-08 às 11:50 +0200, Lucas Rocha escreveu:
> Hi Fabián,
>
> > The main event in Chile related to FLOSS is the "Encuentro Nacional
> > Linux", which in its 9th edition will be hosted at the Universidad de
> > Concepción, in the south of Chile next year.
> >
> > Being part of the organization commitee, and our close relation to
> > GNOME Chile, one of the goals of the organization is to create a track
> > related to GNOME. For this we have in mind to bring to Chile some cool
> > rock stars from the project, for wich Pedro Villavicencio (one of our
> > local rock stars) is in Cambridge at the UDS trying to convince
> > Vincent Untz to come here and enjoy the chilean wine, same thing with
> > André Klapper, a good friend of GNOME Chile ;)
>
> Nice! I'm sure the brazilians would be interested in having them too. :-)

Sure we are!

> > The conference is planned for October 22 - 25, 2008. So there is still
> > time to coordinate the efforts between other south american gug's.
> > This related to Diego Escalante proposal in the Marketing-list about
> > promoting events in South America and sharing the speakers between
> > sync'ed conferences, it would be the time to demonstrate the
> > posibility of make Diego's idea come true and sum up efforts between
> > Southamerican communities.
> >
> > It would be nice to hear your opinion.
>
> I've forwarded your proposal to GNOME Brasil mailing list. Let's see
> if we can find a cool conferente in Brazil (October 22-25) that could
> host those guys too.

We have decided to host our V GNOME Brazilian Forum in Latinoware[1],
which will happen in October,30 until November,01, in Foz do Iguassu,
Paraná.

This is a great opportunity to do our GNOME rockstars tour!

Should we talk about this tour on this mailing list or the marketing
one?

[1]-http://www.latinoware.org

Cheers,
--