Re: [gugmasters] Oportunity for GNOME event in Chile, 2008

Hey Fabián!

On 11/7/07, Fabián Arias <fabian gnome cl> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The main event in Chile related to FLOSS is the "Encuentro Nacional
> Linux", which in its 9th edition will be hosted at the Universidad de
> Concepción, in the south of Chile next year.
>
> Being part of the organization commitee, and our close relation to
> GNOME Chile, one of the goals of the organization is to create a track
> related to GNOME. For this we have in mind to bring to Chile some cool
> rock stars from the project, for wich Pedro Villavicencio (one of our
> local rock stars) is in Cambridge at the UDS trying to convince
> Vincent Untz to come here and enjoy the chilean wine, same thing with
> André Klapper, a good friend of GNOME Chile ;)

Awesome! That sounds like another chance to take revenge over Vincent
on ice-cream eating.

> The conference is planned for October 22 - 25, 2008. So there is still
> time to coordinate the efforts between other south american gug's.
> This related to Diego Escalante proposal in the Marketing-list about
> promoting events in South America and sharing the speakers between
> sync'ed conferences, it would be the time to demonstrate the
> posibility of make Diego's idea come true and sum up efforts between
> Southamerican communities.

Thanks for taking the first step about this on gugmasters, this Friday
our local group has a meeting for talking about something we are
putting together this December, I'll comment them about this chance,
but I think I can already say that there's no problem with the date,
you can be sure that we want our share of Vincent and Andre next year
:P.

We could even work out getting people from Chile and Perú together for
at least one of the two events, it would be really cool!.

I look forward for this to happen :), I'll get back to you with some
more ideas this weekend. Let's see what others have to say, please
feel free to comment!

greetings

Diego