Re: Kroes video

On 13 July 2010 23:19, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Sense, all,
>
> On #guadec I just got a request to provide the Neelie Kroes video in
> Theora format.
>
> I think that we should do that as an alternative to the embedded YouTube
> movie.
>
> The source movie can probably be transcoded using ffmpeg2theora.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Reinout van Schouwen

I would be very happy if we could have the video available in an open
format, embedded using HTML5. However, the problem is that our website
is hosted on Koen Martens' own servers and I don't feel like draining
all his bandwidth when we can serve the video from another website,
with even more functionality. (I haven't found a reliable way of
offering subtitles using HTML5 yet.)

When you now a host for the video files I'd be happy to try to get the
video served using HTML5, and we could always try the methods
mentioned at <http://blog.gingertech.net/2008/12/12/attaching-subtitles-to-html5-video/>
for the subtitles.

Regards,
--