Re: [guadec-local] (no subject)

c) how and to whom do you report to

I am still strongly against having a document which labels specific
groups and specific actions as offence is so open to interpretation
and the required action varies depending on each situation. I would
personally encourage you to consider a more generic document and would
be happy to help with such a thing.

So would I.

By the way Ryan proposed another text which I think was better than
this one and it seems it hasn't been taken into account.

I have read Ryans proposal. I think I understand it and have taken it
into account. I do however prefer the proposal from last year which I
have pasted here. Much for the reasons specified by Karen. I am
however not that involved as many of you are here. I got a question
from the local team to look into a Conduct. Which I have.

Any takers?

I explicitely don't want to be listed for that. That might change if
the code changes a lot, but in its current state I can't support it.

Ok!

I would also like an opportunity to talk to volunteers before/during
the conference. About why a CoC is needed and how to enforce it.

There should be volunteer meetings before the event opens and at the
end of each day. These should be arranged by the volunteer coordinator
(i.e. Alexandre).

Yes, I need to gather with volunteers at the start of the event (the
best would be on the morning of day 1, before the first talk) to have
a briefing, but I have no clue of where and when this is possible.
Someone who knows about the local logistics (available rooms and
timeslots) needs to provide me this info.

Great, thanks!

--
Alexandre Franke

Jonas