[guadec-local] Random ideas for a conference organization, to ignore ; )

Heja,

I spent the last days at OpenSourceBridge conference, and I'd like to
share some of those positive things mentioned in the feedback round at
its end, for anybody interested in organizing conferences (not
necessarily for GUADEC because this highly depends on the number of
available volunteers):

      * Morning emails to attendees mentioning stuff like temperature /
        weather (Fahrenheit/Celsius) and what's going on etc
      * conference schedule software allows (after login) marking talks
        as favorites way before the conference - helped to assign talks
        to rooms based on capacity/size of rooms
      * blue tape on the ground to show walkways and keep them free
      * arrows drawn with chalk on the ground, marking how to get to
        specific rooms or to the lunch place (might also work with tape)
      * badges design: no plastic, just a 1/4 A4 size paper booklet with
        a hole, including schedule and map and name on both front pages
      * couches in the hackersphere (also great for people with jetlag)
      * 10min massages for free - subscribe on a paper
      * separate recycling and trash bins

There must be some "How to organize the perfect conference" guide(s) out
there, does anybody know its URL and do we use it? :P

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net