Re: [guadec-local] gnome-cat mailing list request

Hello Dave,

En/na Dave Neary ha escrit:
> [sysadmins: Toni asked on marketing-list for a Catalan mailing list to
> be created]
>
> Hola Toni,
>
> Toni Hermoso Pulido wrote:
>> after discussion in current guadec-local mailing list, and especially as
>> a consequence of a successful GUADEC 2006 in Vilanova, there is an
>> existing great interest within Catalan-speaking GNOME community in
>> further promoting this desktop platform and encouraging its usage and
>> active development around Catalan-speaking world.
>> For that reason, we would be thankful for having a devoted mailing list
>> in GNOME servers, which we would like to be named gnome-cat gnome org
>> That would complement Catalan GNOME portal: gnome.cat, as well as a
>> gnome-cat channel in irc.gimp.org.
>
> Excuse my cultural imperialism, but is there really a need for a Catalan
> list? Have the Catalan GNOMEys gotten too numerous for the GNOME Hispano
> list?

Well, Jordi Mallach has already answered you. You can easily check in
Internet there are already many Catalan-speaking specific communities
with their own mailing list, apart from those ones actually related to
translation tasks. For example, let's say, debian-users-catalan.

> Mailing lists don't get set up here, but I can certainly put you in
> touch with the people who do set them up (see
> http://live.gnome.org/Infrastructure for more details than you probably
> want, and http://live.gnome.org/NewListRequest for details of requesting
> a new list). I've added the sysadmins as a CC.
>
>> If possible, we would also request whether these reference could be
>> included in http://gnome.org/contact/
>
> It'll definitely be possible to add a reference at /contact/ -
> regardless of whether you have a mailing list. Just send the various
> details on here, or to the web list, and we'll get them up.

Thanks for all this info! I will follow the given procedures :)

Cheers!

- --
* Toni Hermoso Pulido
   web: http://www.cau.cat