[guadec-list] Meeting minutes 2018-10-16

= Meeting minutes 2018-10-16 19:00 UTC =

== Attending ==
 * Kat
 * Britt
 * Tom
 * Sebastian
 * Vivia
 * Stathis
 * Steve
 * Ben

== Action items ==

   * Old ACTION: Tom will file tasks and assign to Caroline to request
more graphics for the website
   * ACTION: Everyone to finish adding keynote submissions by next
week and review the week after
   * ACTION: Vivia to look into cost for more substantial snacks
(costs to be kept private for now)
   * ACTION: Local team to check for required sponsorship brochure
changes from last years brochure
   * ACTION: Ben to create a ticket for the sponsorship brochure to be
updated and information be collected
   * ACTION: Local team to provide nice pictures of the city/venue to
Neil for sponsorship brochure
   * ACTION: Britt to encourage Sri upload relevant videos for keynote selection
   * ACTION: Everyone to add information about suggested keynote
speakers to the ticket
   * ACTION: Stathis to ask the STAY HYBRID YOUTH HOSTEL if they can
reserve rooms for us, have a discount booking code or have GUADEC buy
rooms

== Minutes ==

 * [Spend 15 minutes figuring out why Jitsi isn't working]

 * Keynotes
   * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Events/GUADEC/GUADEC2019/issues/35
   * We have space for 1-2 keynotes
   * Each keynote will take up the place of 2-6 talks
   * [Discuss individual speakers, see private issue for more
information about options]
   * Britt is asking for more information about who the speakers are
   * Stathis suggests check out existing talks if we don't know the
people already
   * Postpone the decision to give people time to review the proposals
   * ACTION: Everyone to finish adding keynote submissions by next
week and review the week after

 * Sponsors
   * [Discussed and minuted in a private issue]
   * In summary, we can offer similar things in the 2019 brochure as
we did in 2018
   * ACTION: Vivia to look into cost for more substantial snacks
(costs to be kept private for now)
   * ACTION: Local team to check for required sponsorship brochure
changes from last years brochure
   * ACTION: Ben to create a ticket for the sponsorship brochure to be
updated and information be collected
   * ACTION: Local team to provide nice pictures of the city/venue to
Neil for sponsorship brochure

 * Accommodation
   * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Events/GUADEC/GUADEC2019/issues/36
   * We have an offer for a hotel with different rooms housing up to
184 (165 not using doubles) people
   * It is around 2.5km, 30min walk and there are frequent busses
   * Can we reserve the rooms for GUADEC attendees without booking
them ourselves?
   * We should tell the bus company about the
   * ACTION: Stathis to ask the STAY HYBRID YOUTH HOSTEL if they can
reserve rooms for us, have a discount booking code or have GUADEC buy
rooms

== Postponed for the next meeting ==
   * Website
     * Main