Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC Dates Announcement

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:

Thanks for the fast response, Ismael! We'll announce this more widely asap.

Great.

I'm pushing again for the visual identity for 2018 since I consider it's the only essential thing left before the first communication campaign. We have a first proposal[1] and I expect at least a second one in a couple days.

[1] https://foro.hacklabalmeria.net/t/solicitud-de-ayuda-diseno-grafico-para-logotipo-imagen-de-guadec-2018/9279/2?u=olea

Do you have a timeline for other key dates yet? For example, these dates:
  • Call for Papers opens
  • Call for Papers closes
  • Announcement of Speakers
  • Registration opens

The only restriction to me to decide CfP and registration open is the app to manage it. I don't know how the GUADEC app works or requires to be set up. Anyone can point me to a contact person, please?

Some of you knows I've been working with other conference software, OSEM, but IMHO seems to be suboptimal for GUADEC so I guess the reasonable decision is to reuse the 2017 tool.

So, as far as I see the big step for a definitive calendar it's when the conference system could be up to receive proposals and attendees registrations.

I can imagine a calendar like this:

  • CfP opens: March 1st
  • Registration opens: March 1st
  • CfP closes: April 29th
Obviously conference app should be ready before Feb 28!

Speakers can be announced as soon as they confirm.

Also, do you have meetings planned?

Not really. But it's time.

I can propose any day from Feb 6- 9th, for example.

I'd love to join sometime and see how the Engagement team can help organize some events and activities during the conference!

Would be nice to start populating this: https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2018/Media