Re: [guadec-list] conference software

Hi.

On Fri, 2017-10-20 at 01:26 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
LAS is looking to move to a new conference software.  We would like to
move to OSEM (http://osem.io/).  I realize there was some talk about
using whatever FOSDEM is using, but honestly that software is 8 years
old and nobody supports it.
What software are you talking about?
Frab? I don't have the impression that it's neither unmaintained nor not
supported. In fact, it sets standards when it comes to an open format
for the conference's schedules.
https://github.com/frab/frab

From what I can see, it's used very extensively by important European
conferences (FOSDEM, FrOSCon, CCCongress, PrivacyWeek, ...).

  There is 5-6 dedicated people for OSEM.
But is anybody actually using it? Besides the people themselves for
openSuSE Conference.

  So, I'm hoping to make an executive decision and move to OSEM.
What's your reasoning so far?

Secondly, GNOME.Asia has already used OSEM for the past couple of
years.
wait, what?  This is plain wrong.

Cheers,
  Tobi