[guadec-list] GUADEC report week 25

This is my weekly summary of what I did with regards to GUADEC
organizing. There are five weeks left until the conference!

* Conference call on Monday; minutes are here:
  <https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Meetings/20170619>

* Budget:
  - Various updates to budget spreadsheet
  - The full travel sponsorship budget has now been allocated

* Insurance:
  - Got various quotes for public & employer's liability insurance,
    looking at around £150 to £200 for this for £2m-£5m of cover

* Merchandize:
  - Researched cotton drawstring rucksacks
  - Lene proposes sunglasses
  - We'll discuss on Monday

* Registration:
  - 140 people now registered
  - Still some rooms unsold but we are getting there

* T-shirts:
  - Contacted another potential supplier; they offer ~1 week turnaround
  - Allan has come up with some designs based on their colours

* Unconference days
  - Confirmed details with The Shed, submitted promo info and risk
    assessment

* Visa invite letters:
  - did some research into UK visa rules and invite letters
  - 10 or more invite letters done this week

* Many other discussions, including:
  - Emailed three speakers chosen by the organizing committee to fill
    the TBD slots in the schedule
  - Deadline for RVSP for birthday party -- registration for the
    conference will count as an RVSP for the birthday party, but
    we need a cutoff date ~2 weeks before, so we also need to make
    it very clear that there's a deadline.
  - Deadlines for room allocations at the University -- we may not have
    everyone's name by 9th July so hopefully we can give a few names
    later on.
  - Invoice for venue hire send for payment
  - Confirmed we want to hire MADLab for Wednesday and Thursday.

Next meeting will be on Monday 26th June at 18:00 BST, proposed agenda is
here: <https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/guadec-agenda>.

Sam