Re: [guadec-list] Minutes of GUADEC team meeting 2017-01-16

On Tue, 2017-01-17 at 18:43 +0000, Sam Thursfield wrote:
These minutes also available at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Meetings/20170116

Core team meeting 2017-01-16, at https://meet.jit.si/guadec2017

[...]
=== Keynotes ===

We need to start contacting potential keynote speakers.

What are the goals with having keynote speakers?

 * Bring different perspectives to the community
 * Attract sponsors and attendees by having big names giving talks,
e.g.
   Richard Stallman's keynote in 2009
 * Special cases for "must see" talks that, were they scheduled
   normally, would leave someone else on the other track talking to
an
   empty room

We pay travel and accommodation costs for keynote speakers, but not
clear if we would pay speaking fees.
[...]

As far I know, we have never paid speaking fees.

Kat may know better for recent years.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/