Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2017 accommodation survey

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kat gnome org> wrote:
The TC provides accommodation rather than cash to those who are
sponsored for GUADEC (exception to the rule tends to be less than
1/100).

We prefer to go for the cheapest option per person as that allows us
to offer sponsorship to more people. We do normally expect 2 people to
share a room although there are usually about 3 or so who take single
rooms for reasons.

The yough hostel is probably not what we'd be looking for, especially
if it's shared bathrooms too. Anyone sponsored by the TC would be
expected to check out on the last day of the hackfests or pay for any
extra nights themselves.

Thanks for the info. Does the University accommodation seem
appropriate then? At £43 a night it's the cheapest non-hostel place
we've found.

I guess what we'd do is reserve 30 to 40 rooms there for travel
committee bookings and leave the rest up to the travel committee?

I've found a video tour of the uni accommodation here, you just have
to imagine that it's empty :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AiBxobxxbk

Sam