Re: [guadec-list] Minutes 2016-02-24

Hi.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:18:53AM +0100, Benjamin Berg wrote:
  * AGREED: regcfp will be our software for registration and CfP unless
this should be revisited for good reasons next week
As for the CfP system:
Do we know from the VoCCC how much a frab would make their and our lives
easier?  Or do they expect it even?

From what I can see from all the other CCC events the integration of the
list of talks with the video page is reasonably good. So you can see the
video from the talk in the schedule and vice versa.
I've seen it working for events ranging from a handful of talks (FifFkon),
to a few dozen (mrmcd), up to a few hundred (FOSDEM, CCCongress).
My feeling is that frab is pretty much the standard nowadays.
The main feature I see is that it exports static HTML which is good
for security and archival purposes.
That alone makes me suggest to use Frab in the future for collecting
submissions and managing the schedule.

Cheers,
  Tobi