Re: [guadec-list] Provisional Talk Schedule

Hey,

I'm GSoC admin and we do have 24 GSoC and one Outreachy student this
year. You planned 90 minutes for the interns lightning talk which
makes 3.6 minutes on average per student, of which he spends .6
minutes just firing up his presentation and taking the microphone. (Of
course we'll try to shorten this as much as possible through creating
one overall presentation but still we can't avoid loosing at least 10
seconds or so per student.) This doesn't even include a short "hey,
these are our interns!". IIRC last year we had 5 minutes per lightning
talk and I'd love it if we could get something like 5.5 minutes at
least per student in the plan so that everyone can actually talk his
five minutes.

Maybe you can put something like "SoC Students meet in the room at
17:25" in the schedule so we can prepare them in advance and save that
time later? I think it's more effective if we put that in the schedule
than if we (SoC admins) try to get the info to everyone who's there.

I do see that the schedule is rather full, still I'd love it if we can
expand this slot a bit *somehow*.

I took the freedom of CCing SoC Admins for this conversation as this
list is public.

Greetings,

Lasse