Re: [guadec-list] guadec - data from superlectures

2013/10/22 Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Igor Szoke <szoke superlectures com>
Date: 8 September 2013 14:28
Subject: Re: [guadec-list] guadec - data from superlectures
To: Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos gmail com>
Cc: guadec-list <guadec-list gnome org>

Hi Rui,

the amount of data is 60GB, the bandwidth I must to check, but should
be few MBps (the initial peak is over).

OK, if someone provides me with a download link to get all the videos I can start the download on one of the GNOME machines and store the videos safely on our infrastructure. I agree that the bandwitdh usage should very limited at this point given the initial peak of views if slowly going down.

The superlectures.com service is proprietary (it's commercial service)
so we are not able to provide you the
CMS, player, search engine, etc.. Sorry.
On the other hand you will get all videos, automatic transcripts,
slides sync metadata, etc..

OK, I feel the very important point here is to get hold of all the videos as soon as we can to avoid losing them when the hosting at superlectures.com will expire. Users will then be able to stream the videos directly with one of their favorite media players without the need to setup a customized player on the infrastructure.

Have an awesome day,

P.S please keep me CCed since I'm not subscribed to the list.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,