Re: [guadec-list] Visa section

Dne St 29. května 2013 13:28:18, Florian Nadge napsal(a):

Hi Rui,
My experience is that this so called letter does not help. The Czech
embassy unusually asks to see the registration conformation. Sindhu had a
very bad basically lost a lot of money because she assumed that she could
travel when she could not. Maybe we could call this letter Confirmation of
Participation or something along these lines and make clear that this is in
no way a guarantee to get a visa.

Robert,
do you think this makes sense, can you send a letter of confirmation to
help along the visa process?

Thanks,

Florian

As I have said before, we have no problem with sending these letters. I'm quite sure that the letters won't
be of any real help in the visa-application process (in my experience, the officials do not even read such
letters - instead, they want to verify that the applicant has compelling reasons for returning back to their
home country, such as family, career, studies, etc.). That, however, is another matter entirely, and I'm not
the one to judge that.

So, again: if anybody wants to receive such letter, just give me their email address and name and I'll take
care of it.

Robert

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Rui Tiago Cação Matos <