Re: [guadec-list] [travel] Fwd: GUADEC 2013 sponsorship

Hi!

How valid is it booking at something without a charge?

I belive that Embassy looks for value associated with documents presented.

For proof of accomodation should be something which is verifyable/has credibility associated with it OR something upon whose cancellation, the applicant is likely to bear monetary loss. This indicates that there is seriousness of travel and that your plans will not alter. (Travel plans can be altered if you have a booking upon whose cancellation you bear no loss).

I am putting this point forward to bring attention to the subtle points paranoid Embassies look at at in a visa application.

-Sindhu