Re: [guadec-list] Media Partner

Debarshi,
do you remember that we talked about these two requests yesterday over the phone? Otherwise I would not have talked to them.

Florian

---
Florian Nadge, GUADEC 2013
GUADEC c/o Red Hat| Purkynova 71/99| 61200 Brno| tel: +420 603 764 858

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:
> Rui,
> I am afraid that we really need as much media support as possible.
> About the free passes, we should issue as many as they need, probably one
> to three.
>
> Basically, we will have to add these sites if we want them to add us as
> well, and they are clearly supporting us.

Having media support is one thing, and bending over backwards and
begging for it is another.

We already have 3 Czech media partners. LWN is probably going to cover
it.  That makes it 4.

I am all for giving free passes, but please, lets not plaster the
website with logos of everyone who claims to be a reporter.  It is
strange to have 5 sponsors and an equal or higher number of media
partners.

Lets put matters in perspective. LWN has covered GUADEC in the past,
and are likely to do so again this year. They come and silently do
their job without asking for much in return.

LWN is far more respectable and useful for us than any of these other
media outlets that we are talking about, and we are not even
acknowledging them while we are going crazy over some lesser
entities. I find this strange.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all
the scenery looks about the same.