Re: [guadec-list] Keynote thoughts

On Fri, January 20, 2012 12:02 pm, William from Texas wrote:
> So I watched a bunch of videos this week (28c3 and TED talks). Some of
> them
> stood out as interesting/ relevant, and might be added to the running
> keynote candidate list.
>
> Telecomix - your disaster/revolution/crisis just got pwned (28c3 2011)
> Eli Pariser - beware online filter bubbles (TED 2011)
> Marcin Jakubowski - open source civilization (TED 2011)
> Rachel Botsman - The case for collaborative consumption (TED 2010)

Good ideas, I'll take a look at these videos

Looking at Dave's documents from previous years, these people were ones
who sounded like they considered accepting the request and might be worth
asking again:

Bob Sutor (IBM)
Diego Rodriguez: http://metacool.typepad.com/
Mitchell Baker (Mozilla)
Linda Stone

Other suggestions we came up with at one of our meetings were:
Ben Hammersley
Glenda Watson Hyatt
Joanie Diggs

> A conference theme will also effect who the keynotes are. Are there ideas
> on that yet?

do we ordinarily have a theme? This will be a bit anniversary year for
GNOME. Maybe we want to invite Miguel or Frederico to speak? Or maybe them
together?

Jacob Applebaum gave a great talk at LCA, in which (after we talked that
week) he wound up plugging GNOME, it could be great to have him talk about
security and its relevance to the Desktop at GUADEC

How do others feel about these choices? Should we start ranking people and
start asking? Are there any real reach suggestions of people who might be
nearby in Europe? We're starting to run out of time!

karen