Re: [guadec-list] [Reminder] GUADEC committee meeting on 13 February 2012 UTC 16:00

I was talking on #marketing with aday and czeller about communication
GUADEC news. They said we might attach guadec.org's blog/announcement
function to news.gnome.org, but for now they can put announcements
directly on gnome.org as news. They said we could also have a person
re-posting GUADEC newsposts to planet.gnome via a personal blog. (Any
volunteers?)

They asked if we could come up with a list of tentative
announcement/news dates so they could be ready. I've made a list of
potential things, anyone want to add/subtract or put ball-park dates?

- release of date and venue - December
- call for papers - depends on indico?
- call for lightening talks
- announcement of/call for side events/exhibitions?
- hotel registration opens
- conf registration opens
- announcement of program of talks
- press releases/conf reports - July 26 - Aug 1

Maybe we can talk about this as 'other business'. I have opened an
etherpad using the above list so we can all make changes:
http://piratepad.net/hsfjfXb1I8

Cheers
William

ps - Can I get on a whitelist for this list? I sent 2 emails this week
that appear to not have gotten through..