Re: [guadec-list] A couple of questions

El jue, 01-09-2011 a las 11:39 -0700, Germán Póo-Caamaño escribió:
> On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 11:10 -0700, Bob Murphy wrote:
> > Hi,
> > What location was chosen for next year's GUADEC? I wasn't able to
> > attend the Desktop Summit and haven't heard.

> It is going to be in A Coruña.

As German has already commented it is going to be in Coruña, and we are
going to start moving everything related to GUADEC organization in this
list.

> > Also, will we be having another meeting of the GUADEC committee
> > online soon?
> Maybe Emily has a better idea, she is the one organizing the meetings.

From the local team we expect to propose the organization of bi-weekly
meetings starting in the first half of September, next week we everybody
from our team will be back from Summer Holidays so we expect moving the
most important issues.

The first one would be define the optimal dates for next year GUADEC. In
our proposal GUADEC is in the same week as OSCON 16th-22nd (w29) July so
we need to analyse the impact in local organization that would imply
delaying GUADEC in one week in order to have all the factors to take a
decision of final dates, which would allow us to make the communication
when GUADEC will be held.

Regards,

Chema Casanova