[guadec-list] Extending the Call for Bids deadline for GUADEC 2012 to July 8, 2011 19:00 UTC

Hello All,

We have been receiving a lot of requests from many potential hosts to
extend the deadline for submitting bids to host GUADEC 2012 in their
city. Not giving them a fair chance would demotivate a lot of excited
candidates, and hence in our meeting today in #guadec, we took a vote
and as a committee decided to extend the deadline to July 8, 2011 19:00
UTC

What about the teams who have already made submissions?
The earlier the submissions, the better. Why? Because it gives the
GUADEC committee members more time to review the proposals and provide
constructive feedback. The committee has already started reviewing the
proposals and would get back to you on your proposal. This is surely an
advantage for all the early bidders to bite into the experience of the
core team and make their proposals better.

The early bidders have already made a great impact with their proposals.
We expect a lot more teams submitting their proposals to make GUADEC
2012 a great success story. We look forward to the exciting two weeks
ahead of us.

Important dates
Submission deadline: July 8, 2011
Next GUADEC committee meeting: July 11, 2011

The "Call for Bids" announcement can be found here,
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/guadec-list/2011-June/msg00021.html

Regards,
Bharath