Re: [guadec-list] Merchandising for guadec

Hi Reinout,

On 1 June 2010 15:02, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
Hi Gaël,

Op maandag 31-05-2010 om 01:24 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Gaël
Hernandez:

> My name is Gaël and I will be helping to organise the merchansiding
> for GUADEC. Since I've never organised it before, I would ask you guys
> to contribute to the thread with your ideas and experiences from
> previous years.

Unfortunately I know nothing about how it was done in previous years,
but I will take responsibility for the conference T-shirts this year.
Please subscribe to the guadec-planning mailing list as well, if you
haven't done so already.

Just did it, thanks!

> There is a couple of things that need to be identified: gadgets,
> quantities and logos/design. Once we know what we want and how many, I
> will contact the providers. Local providers are first choice, although
> if you have good past experience and shipment is not a problem we
> could do it that way.

I'm in the process of retrieving sponsor logos and the graphic design
for the conference shirts. Also, I have requested quotations for printed
T-shirts from a couple of local providers.

As for the other materials, I'd suggest taking plain reusable GNOME logo
gadgets. Baseball caps, for instance, are for sale at zazzle.com.

> Gadgets
> ======
> After discussing a bit with Koen, there are typical things that people
> are always happy to take back home like t-shirts, posters, stickers,
> pins, neck lanyards, cups, etc. Koen also mentioned that cuddle-toys
> (is that the right jargon?) could be a nice souvenir. More ideas and
> suggestions?

Last year at FOSDEM there were lots of nice small round GNOME stickers
that you can put on your laptop. I don't know where they came from.

> I assume that the logos and design will be a combination of GNOME and
> GUADEC logos, right? I see people willing to have also a souvenir from
> the GUADEC 2010 conference. Does anyone know where can I find GNOME
> logos ready to use? For the GUADEC logos, who can I contact to get
> some high-quality pictures?

http://live.gnome.org/action/show/BrandGuidelines

All right, nice start.

Oh, and thanks for jumping in!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen

--
Blog in http://elgaelo.blogspot.com
Pictures in http://www.flickr.com/photos/elgaelo

Por favor, evite enviarme adjuntos de Word, Excel o PowerPoint.
Vea http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html