Re: [guadec-list] Registration, expensive hotel?

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 15:49 +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
> But of course that was not the point of decision for suggestion of those
> hotels. They were the only hotels I found which had empty rooms that can
> hold 100+ ppl all together. Hotels cheaper than Golden Horns had 4-5
> rooms on vacancy at most (those are in Sultanahmet - Taksim hotels had
> rooms but they were either expensive or very bad in quality).
[snip]

Yeah, this is an important consideration. I suggest that you mention
this on the page, because the hotel is probably better and more
expensive than people expected. And you might mention that the other
hotels are less ideal but often cheaper.

> - Euro-ism. Vast majority of hotels now uses Euro as main currency. It
> used to be dollar. But due to devaluation of dollar they just basically
> converted $80 -> 80 euros.
[snip]

Yeah, I remember prices being quoted in Dollars, which was weird.

> If you're coming as group of 4-5 people maybe you can find houses using
> web sites like http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/whychooseus.htm . I
> know one company sponsoring our event was planning to hire an house
> using this site.

Thanks. We will probably try that, if we can find something close to the
main hotel. It could save us about a 1000 Euros.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com