Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2008 at Facebook

Hi, aren't we loosing something by recommending to have all this
community exchange in a closed environment?

2008/5/18 Görkem Çetin <gorkem gorkemcetin com>:

> Just FYI:
>
> I've opened a "GUADEC 2008" group on Facebook. You are free to:
>
> - Discuss transport, accomodation, lodging, financial topics
> - Write down a note for others
> - Organize a party and announce
>
> during GUADEC 2008. After the conference, you're strongly encouraged to:
>
> - Post your photos, videos
> - Share your criticisms
> - Send notes to people saying what you liked/disliked, etc.

guadec-list, live.gnome.org and picture in flickr or personal
galleries was used to do all this, more or less. Alright, you still
have to register in those services to take active part, but they are
indexed by searchg engines and accessible as anonymous.

Facebook and others can be used for those things that couldn't be done
before as easy as these powerful services allow like i.e.... doing
some marketing to reach new developers out of GNOME?

--
Quim Gil /// http://flors.wordpress.com