Re: [guadec-list] Guadec Planning Meeting Notes - 20th January 2007

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the notes.

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 00:24 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
>      * Gnome branded laptop stickers was one idea of something novel and
>       interesting people may appreciate

Very good point.  That's been missing from our conferences for too long.

>      * Branded USB drives were another idea
>            o Could use credit-card sized cdrws if usb drives are too
>              expensive?

Chances are the cds go straight to trash even if they are cdrws.  USB
drives on the other hand will be used.  I have one with Firefox
preinstalled on it on my key chain.

>      * Possibility of using Spreadshirt to print t-shirts.

Something mass-produced probably is both cheaper and more durable, not
sure.

>      * Shirt design could be a community project.
>      * Only include one t-shirt this year? Lots of people were giving out
>        t-shirts last year, so their value and novelty is probably less,
>        especially for anyone who regularly attends conferences.

True.  Still last year's t-shirts were really good compared to other
conferences I've been too.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/