Re: [guadec-list] Re-considering expectnation web service

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 18:28 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On sam, 2007-12-29 at 00:35 +0000, Baris Cicek wrote:
> > Currently we're using Drupal as CMS on guadec.org. Although it is
> > convenient if you want to use web page only for announcements but it
> > lacks functional bits like Registration Management, CfP and Schedule
> > preparing/announcement etc.
>
> Drupal has many, many modules implementing various features, and I would
> be very surprised if it couldn't do what you want. Just look at
> Event-related modules, they may match your case:
> http://drupal.org/project/Modules/category/61
>
> And then, if assembling Drupal modules together is too much work (it may
> be), or if you miss a bit of custom PHP code, you could just ask on
> http://drupal.org/paid-services for some professional help. IMHO, this
> is much more in line with GNOME's ideals.
>
> 	Xav

While I agree with Edd that the conference organizer's job is not to
build web systems it is the Foundation Board's job to seek out solutions
which both fit the need and are in-line with the community's
expectations and values.  It is clear that there are other solutions
available and we need to consider them.

Can we get a detailed list from the conference committee on what their
requirements are for such a system so that the board members may discuss
this at the upcoming meeting?  I will push for an action item to get
someone to evaluate the different options, report back to the board and
make a decision in a timely manner.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>