Re: [guadec-list] Re-considering expectnation web service

On 12/29/07, Edd Dumbill <edd expectnation com> wrote:
> It's all proprietary right now. Open sourcing is a possibility for the
> future, but it's not likely to happen in 2008.

Is expectnation then more or less as proprietary as the software
powering Sourceforge, Launchpad, the Google or Yahoo! services? Fine
with me, specially if it's good and by using it we might be helping
Edd getting a sustainable business model and eventually opensourcing
it.

GUADEC organizers need to concentrate in the event organization and
the content and communication. This is complex enough. Developing
conference software is out of scope. The website itself shouldn't
bring much time nor hassle.

--
Quim Gil /// http://flors.wordpress.com