Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC dates

Hi Behdad,

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 11:54 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Any updates here?  We're getting questioned about the dates left and
> right.

I talked to Baris on the phone today to offer some help he might need
organizing stuff, because I live and work close to the soon-to-be booth
of GUADEC. I know that he's living in Ankara, about 300 miles far away
from the city of Istanbul, where GUAD8C is supposed to take place. It
might be a bit difficult to get things up to full speed remotely, from
what I understand.

It looks like there are no notable updates since the last mail he sent
to this list a couple weeks ago, which is why I gave him a call.

I'd love to ask for another week of patience because next week is a
holiday here in Turkey, hopefully we'll clear out any other issues
surrounding the available dates of the booth very soon and then proceed
with organizing other local resources: volunteers, invitations, visa
issues, hotel rooms for speakers and visitors, legal issues that may
arise and whatnot.

-HTH
--
Enver