[guadec-list] Fwd: Current Papers and Schedule

I forgot to send to the yesterday;

----- Ross Burton <ross openedhand com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 15:56 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> > Could you give us a quick update on the progress of the papers
> selection
> > for Guadec, and a brief idea of what you expect the schedule to look
>
> > like? People are asking which days are going to be the "core" days
> so
> > they can start planning what days to visit.
>
> I'm keeping the overall schedule fairly similar to last year, because
> thought it went well.
>
> Saturday and Sunday are Warm Up, with the informal and more focused
> talks.
>
> Monday to Wednesday are Core, with the keynotes (obviously), and the
> great talks.  We had over 100 talk submissions this year, so it's
> tough
> to get here.
>
> Thursday and Friday are After Hours.  Thursday also doubles as
> Tutorial
> Day, where the sit-down-and-learn stuff talks are scheduled.  The
> rest
> of the After Hours is for informal BoF sessions and hackfests.
>
> I've not yet started scheduling the tasks to a particular time slot
> yet
> (that's tomorrows job) so if anyone has any suggestions for a change
> of
> overall direction then speak now or forever hold your peace. :)

That looks great apart from this year our week runs from Sunday to Saturday, so just add one to all the above, i.e. Warmup - Sun + Mon (15-16th), Core - Tue-Thur (17-19th), and After Hours - Fri & Sat (20th-21st).

This was the original time table proposal

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/guadec-list/2007-January/msg00005.html

But feel free to butcher that as needed (it was just useful to think about rooms, keynotes, etc).

And there are three main rooms for talks, Adrian Boult Hall (500), Recital Hall (150), and New Lecture Theatre (140). We also have Lecture Room 1 (55) for any spill over - but we planned to leave that for adhoc meetings talks etc.

Paul